Roy Vermeer, the head of FIFPRO’s legal department, told Reuters that the players — often from Africa or South America — struggled to find new clubs and had to make their own way back to their own country.”The players are left with nothing and they then have to go out and find a new club, which is not easy because in these cases they are usually not top level players, they are always going from contract to contract,” he said.”In some cases, they will have been to three clubs in a row where they haven’t been paid.”Vermeer said it was relatively easy for a club to declare itself bankrupt, start afresh in an amateur league and quickly work its way back up to the top flight.”You have cases where the club goes to an amateur league for one season, they win it comfortably, they are promoted to the second division the next year, and then first league again,” he said.FIFA said that, since last year, it has clamped down on the practice of new clubs being formed “with the prime aim of avoiding players their overdue salaries.””We are also here to reach out to those in need, especially within the football community, and that starts with the players, who are the key figures in our game,” said FIFA president Gianni Infantino.Topics : A fund has been set up to help footballers who are left without wages when their clubs fall into financial difficulties or go out of business, global soccer body FIFA said on Tuesday.The world players’ union FIFPRO estimates that around 50 clubs in 20 countries — mainly in Eastern Europe and Asia — have shut in the last five years, leaving hundreds of players without pay.In many cases, FIFPRO says, the clubs have been quickly re-established with only a slight tweak to the name. FIFA said in a statement on Tuesday that it had reached an agreement with FIFPRO to set aside $16 million for the fund up to 2022.”While these grants will not cover the full amount of salaries owed to players, this fund will provide an important safety net,” it said.FIFPRO president Philippe Piat said players were “plunged into uncertainty and hardship” when their clubs closed down.”Many of these clubs have shut to avoid paying outstanding wages, immediately re-forming as so-called new clubs,” he said in the statement, describing the practice as unscrupulous.
BACOLOD City – A total of 70 former rebels and their dependents in northern Negros Occidental completed various trainings with the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) this month.The participants availed themselves of the agency’s Special Skills Training Program (SSTP), a report from the TESDA and the Philippine Army’s 79th Infantry Battalion (79IB) said on June 23. The 70 graduates received training allowance ranging from P1,000 to P2,800 each. On June 18, some 47 trainees from Calatrava town finished a course on bread making (Leading to Pastry Production) National Certification (NC) II while a group of 23 participants from Escalante City completed the training on electrical installation and maintenance, also NC II, on June 19. Under the SSTP, the participants are provided skills training with entrepreneurship, free assessment, allowance of P100 per day, and free starter tool kits. The PRLEC aims to provide responsive measures to address poverty affectation among marginalized communities and basic sectors through the whole-of-nation approach. “TESDA has been making sure that our programs and services are felt by all sectors of society to live up to our agency’s tagline ‘TESDA Abot Lahat’,” she added. “I thank the government through the TESDA, Atoniya Skills Education Inc., and the Philippine Army for extending your helping hand to us,” he added. (With a report from PNA/PN) Lieutenant Colonel Gerald Alvaran, commanding officer of 79IB, commended the former rebels and their families for showing determination, perseverance and sacrifice to finish their respective trainings. TESDA acting provincial director Beverly Insular said the SSTP was conceptualized in response to the mandate of the agency as the chair of the Poverty Reduction, Livelihood and Employment Cluster (PRLEC) of the National Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict. In Calatrava, the training program was implemented by TESDA in partnership with the municipal government, 79IB and Atoniya Skills Education Inc. while those from Escalante were trained by the TESDA Provincial Training Center in Cadiz City. “The knowledge you have acquired, together with the materials and equipment that you received from this program, will enable you to help your families. Continue your journey towards a peaceful and prosperous life and never turn back to the way of living you once had,” Alvaran said. Jaime Cogonon, one of the graduates in Calatrava, said the training and the tool kits will greatly help them in setting up a livelihood. Lieutenant Colonel Gerald Alvaran (standing), commanding officer of the Philippine Army’s 79th Infantry Battalion, speaks before the 47 trainees from Calatrava, Negros Occidental during the graduation ceremony held at the municipal hall last week. The participants attended a course on bread making under the Special Skills Training Program of the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority. 79TH INFANTRY BATTALION, PHILIPPINE ARMY VIA PNA read more
Women’s World Cup 2019: Updated group stage results and standings “She can be on the bench if she prefers to join her teammates, but she’s not in the proper condition to play yet.”Marta won the FIFA Women’s World Player of the Year award five times in a row from 2006 to 2010 and claimed The Best FIFA Women’s Player prize in 2018.She is the Women’s World Cup’s all-time record goalscorer with 15 goals across four previous tournaments. Women’s World Cup 2019: Jennifer Hermoso leads Spain’s comeback against South Africa Brazil forward Marta is expected to miss her team’s opening Women’s World Cup match against Jamaica because of a thigh complaint.The 33-year-old suffered the injury in training on May 25 and was considered a major doubt for Sunday’s Group C clash in Grenoble. Women’s World Cup 2019: Germany tops China 1-0 on Giulia Gwinn’s goal It has now been confirmed by Brazil boss Vadão that, despite making a good recovery over the past week, Marta is likely to play no part against Jamaica — though she may still be named among the substitutes.”Marta’s condition has improved a lot, quicker than we originally expected,” he told media Saturday. “It was a problematic injury. But the truth is that she can’t play tomorrow. Related News 15 – Marta has scored 15 goals at the #FIFAWWC for Brazil; the most of any player for any nation in the tournament. Lethal. pic.twitter.com/v4R6XKd501— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) June 7, 2019Brazil faces Australia and Italy in its other two group matches on June 13 and 18, respectively. read more
UEFA had set a date limit of November 7 for potential candidates to formally express interest ahead of the February 7, 2019 election, to be held in Rome.Ceferin, 51, was previously president of the Slovenian football federation from 2011 to 2016.Known for his discretion and less charismatic approach compared to Platini, Ceferin vehemently opposed a raft of recent proposals by FIFA president Gianni Infantino.Infantino, a candidate for his own re-election in June 2019, courted controversy in recent weeks with a number of proposals that sparked opposition from UEFA.Infantino agreed at a recent FIFA Council meeting in Rwanda to delay any decision over his plans for a Club World Cup and a global Nations League, instead setting up a taskforce to study the proposals.That was reportedly after UEFA delegates threatened to walk out in protest.Infantino has been pushing to revamp the Club World Cup by expanding it from the current seven clubs to 24 and holding it every four years. Twelve of the teams would be European.He has said he has an offer of $25 billion over 12 years for that and the Nations League from private investors, identified by Football Leaks as Japan’s Softbank.Among Ceferin’s future challenges is facing down criticism of the perceived imbalance between the smaller and bigger leagues in European competition.The European Leagues association is demanding that Europe’s ‘big four’ leagues of Spain, England, Germany and Italy are given three, instead of four, automatic qualifying places for the Champions League and for resources to be shared more equally.Ceferin is also expected to review the Financial Fair Play (FFP) system set up by Platini in 2010.According to reports by Football Leaks, Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester City are among clubs who saw potentially heavy sanctions for infringing FFP rules toned down following discussions with UEFA at a time when Infantino was the body’s secretary general.0Shares0000(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin unveiling Germany as hosts of Euro 2024 during a ceremony on September 27 © AFP/File / Fabrice COFFRINILAUSANNE, Switzerland, Nov 8 – Incumbent Aleksander Ceferin is virtually assured re-election as UEFA president after European football’s ruling body confirmed Thursday he is the sole candidate for next February’s elections.Slovenian Ceferin, a lawyer, has held the post since 2016 when he replaced former France legend Michel Platini, who was forced to resign several months previously following confirmation of his suspension by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS). read more